January 19, 2022 at 2:15 pmkreggySubscriber
When I tried to run the analysis, the following warning and error messages with regards to the APDL command of my concrete elements are shown. This concerns the Poisson's ratio and Temperature Data.January 21, 2022 at 5:01 pmDavid WeedAnsys Employee
The error message is indicating that one of your MPTEMP commands has a value of '2494' in the SLOC (starting location) field. Note that the MPTEMP command has a limitation of 100 temperatures. I also see that there may be an error in your APDL code where for MPTEMP you are using 'matid' for the SLOC field. In general, if you have more than 100 temperatures, you can use TBTEMP, which does not have the same limitation as MPTEMP.
January 21, 2022 at 7:32 pmDavid WeedAnsys Employee,it appears that you want to pair the solid65 concrete model with a multilinear isotropic hardening (MISO) model. This does appear to be supported as long as you're using the deprecated method to define the MISO model (as you're doing in your command object). Note that the current method for defining a MISO model uses the PLAS label, as detailed in the TB command help page; for instance:
You can see additional details and an APDL command example of defining the MISO model here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/ans_mat/amp8sq21dldm.html. If you define the MISO model this way, then an error is thrown indicating that the PLAS option is not supported by solid65.
Another option to combine a concrete model + a plasticity model, is to use current elements, e.g., solid185, which allows you to combine the Extended Drucker-Prager model with the MISO model; you can see supported material model combinations here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/ans_mat/elemmcpos050301.html. Another option is to use the coupled damage-plasticity microplane model detailed here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/ans_mat/microplane.html.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags