Fluids

Fluids

SolidWorks Monte Carlo Ray Tracing Settings

• moranlouie
      Subscriber
      Hi!nIs anyone aware of the settings for Monte Carlo Ray Tracing Model used in Solidworks and how I might be able to replicate that in Ansys Fluent?nMany thanks....n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nAn Ansys employees, we won't be able to comment on the SolidWorks settings. Please let us know what issues you are facing in Ansys Fluent and we will be happy to provide some guidance. nAlso, moving this post to the 'Discuss Simulation' category (Fluids) for better alignment.nThanks.nKarthik n
    • moranlouie
      Subscriber
      I'm not sure how to set up a Monte Carlo Ray Tracing model, so I am looking for the simplest and most straight forward way possible. Just to get results. Then I am looking for documentation to explain the settings, because the documentation available isn't very intuitive for understanding the model.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nHere is one example of Monte Carlo Radiation modeling in Fluent. Please watch this Ansys How To video to understand the set-up better. nThere should be other YouTube videos similar to this, which can help you get started. nThere is also a tutorial in our Fluent Product Documentation. Here is the link. Please see if this helps.nThank you.nKarthiknn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.