November 25, 2022 at 1:27 pmjasperSubscriber
i am trying to engineer the dispersion in a micro ringresonator such that kerr soliton comb generation is possible. I know that I can calculate the anomalous GVD regime using this reference: Sweep analysis for dispersion calculations – Ansys Optics . Can I also calculate the integrated dispersion parameter as shown for example in this screenshot in figure 4C from Dissipative Kerr solitons in optical microresonators | Science?
November 25, 2022 at 5:31 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The fundamental results from the eigensolver is the mode profile and the effective index. other quantities are derived from them by the first principles. If you have the mathematical definition of integrated dispersion relative to the effective index, it should be possible to get it. Please try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.