LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Solution branch freezes

• Costas
      Subscriber

Hello.

I’m doing a 2D axisymmetric simulation of a compression test in explicit dynamics. Everything goes ok but when I go to the Solution branch in Mechanical to see the results, it becomes too slow (practically it freezes) and even sometimes Mechanical closes by its own. As long as I am in other branches of the tree, I don’t have any such problems.

Could this be a matter of computer memory (it has 43 GB free space)? I use 2022R1 version.

Thank you.

• Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      When you mentioned about "it becomes too slow (practically it freezes)", is it referring to click on Solution Information in Tree Outline to view the time history of results trackers?
      If yes, you can reduce the amount of time history data of results trackers via Analysis Settings -> Output Controls by setting Tracker Cycles from 1 to 100 or larger.
      If no, can you give more details about the problem?

• Costas
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your answer.
      Actually I mean the results under the solution object. For example I have Equivalent Stress, Total Deformation, Normal Stress, Shear Stress etc. When I navigate from one result object to another it takes a long time (during which every button in the toolbar remains inactive) and even sometimes the Mechanical closes. This happens only when I am under the solution object. When I am anywhere else (materials, geometry, mesh, analysis settings etc.) I don't have such issues.
      I also tried your suggestion but it didn't make things better.
    • Costas
      Subscriber
      Just to add some further details.
      First of all (I should have mentioned that earlier) I recently updated ANSYS to 2022 R1 version but so far I have been working with previous versions (2020 R2 and 2021 R1). I didn't have problems with the previous versions.
      I also tried to reduce the number of Result Number of Points (in Output Controls settings) and it seems that improved the situation drastically. The delay to navigate from one result object to another is now much less. The thing is that I have to keep the number of points not more than 50 - 70, otherwise the delay starts increasing. I wanted to have much more points (at least 300 -500) to see my results more precisely over time (I'm not sure if my thought is correct). However, in the previous versions I had 2000 points without problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.