General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Solution error

• tahm
      Subscriber

I am getting this error message.

An internal solution magnitude limit was exceeded. (Node Number 226, Body Component3Surface, DOF UY) Please check your Environment for inappropriate load values or insufficient supports.  You may select the offending object and/or geometry via RMB on this warning in the Messages window.  Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.

I have done the same analysis efore on the same geometry and worked fine. Now when I am doing I am getting this message.

Why is it so?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Something changed, what was it?  Open an old model that worked and use that.

• tahm
      Subscriber

Didn't change anything. Yesterday I got it right, but forgot to save the project. So today started again and imported the geometry (space claim file that I saved).

Now after analysis I am getting error message.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Good lesson in saving often and saving as when you want to change something.

Start over and try again. You got it right once. Check the units you are using.

• tahm
      Subscriber

Thank you! It worked this time.

Solved without any error.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Glad issue is resolved. Can you please mark this as 'Is Solution' to help others on community. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.