General Mechanical

General Mechanical

solution errors

• chandramouli
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

Im trying to do analysis on a assembled frame structure for my project.

Considering the fact that the load acts on CG and all ends fixed, I was able to do stress analysis on Individual plates.

When assembled I gave the connections right. I got my meshing right, but the solution is not what I expected .

Now there is no one in my team or in my institute to guide me and im in need of help of what I did wrong.

Fixed ends

(fixed ends)

forces

(force)

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The file you attached contains something that looks like this:

I don't know what your solution looked like nor why it was not what you expected.

• chandramouli
      Subscriber

Hello peteroznewman,

The individual results looked like this:-

shear stress

(shear stress)

deformation

(deformation)

The problem arises when im trying to do the analysis on the assembly .It either shows error or the top plate acts the same way(individual analysis) passing through the side plates in my diagram which is not possible.

So that brings the question to me if I did some mistakes in connections or in my boundary conditions which I have shown above in my previous post.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Yes, you made a mistake in the connections if your plate passes through the side plates.

Upload an Archive .wbpz file to show me what your have done. Make sure to include external files in the archive.

• chandramouli
      Subscriber

Hello peteroznewman.

I reworked on my connections and im trying the problem in a simple manner of just applying load on one surface to see if there is any reaction on the side walls.

Its taking ages to complete the solution now.

I could send you the mechanical file. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Attach the .wbpz archive file.

• chandramouli
      Subscriber

Hello Peteroznewman,

Now my connections are right, all I had to do was to change the shell thickness option in connections as yes.

Now when I solve im getting the solution i.e I can see the reactions on the side walls and somewhat of a believable answer.

(deformation of the body)

(shear stress). 

By selecting shell thickness option as YES got me the answer.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.