General Mechanical

General Mechanical

solution is not converged for transient structural analysis

• pravallikalikith
      Subscriber
      Dear allnI am modelling a piezoelectric energy harvester for my research work. For doing this, I am using PIEZO and MEMS extension. For conducting static structural analysis, It was working fine and i have done GIS also. Now i want to do transient structural analysis, but the solution is not converging. My design has 4.6L elements and 19L nodes. Please suggest me how to resolve this?.Any help would be highly appreciated.nnWith regards,nPravallika S. n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Please check the solver output file and check for errors in there, search the forum for the error and if you don't find it there, please post it here.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • pravallikalikith
      Subscriber
      Hi aniket,n I had checked the solver output file and force convergence graph, it is converging after third iteration and taking long time. n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      good to know that!n
    • pravallikalikith
      Subscriber
      Hai aniket,n Solution is converging after third iteration but results are not saving after runtime. It is showing an error related to I/O = 28. Do you have idea about this.nnWith regards,nPravallika s n
    • pravallikalikith
      Subscriber
      Hi aniket,n Transient structural analysis for my model was completed. All steps were converged with2.1L elements. I don't know what happened, I am unable to see the results and in the soultion tree it is showing some post-processing is required?. Any help would be highly appreciated.nnWith regards,nPravallika S.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nCheck to see how much free space is on the disk drive. An I/O error could be that you ran out of disk space. This is common during Transient Analysis.n
    • pravallikalikith
      Subscriber
      Hai peter,n my disk have a free space of 60 GB, the drive in which my directory was created. I will check it once and update you. Thank you for the reply.nnWith regards,nPravallika S.n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.