Fluids

Fluids

[SOLVED] Export Tecplot or ANSYS MEchanical files during solution

• danieleobiso
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am trying to have an export during the solution of a Tecplot file or ANSYS Mechanical (get the same error for both cases). The export works if I do it manually.

If I enable an export "During solution" I observe a weird behavior.

1) Everything works under Windows (which is not my solution, because I have to run on a Linux cluster)

2) Under Linux, the files are exported but the software crashes before starting the next time step with this error:

Error: malformed pair: too many objects in CDR
      Error Object: (continuity . 0)

Now, I have tested it on different Fluent versions (17.2, 19, 19.2, 19.4), different Linux OS (OpenSuse, RedHat Enterprise) and I always get the same error. I sent the case to ANSYS Customer Support and they cannot reproduce the error.

Is there someone aware of this behavior? Have you encountered it before?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it works on Windows & on the ANSYS system check the RAM & disc space & access permissions on your cluster: I assume the LINUX builds are on the supported list? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Dear Mr. Obiso, I asked my colleagues from developments if they have any idea about this. I will share any information within the supprot request.

• danieleobiso
      Subscriber

Red Hat Enterprise is supported

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

We are helping on a resolution of this problem.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Solution was here to set LC_NUMERIC (in other cases the LANG) to en_US. This variable determines the locale category for numeric formatting.

Many thanks for testing and checking.

• danieleobiso
      Subscriber

Thank you Amine for your solution.

The problem was indeed the environment variable LC_NUMERIC not set to en_US.

By the way, I tested the automatic updating of the iso-surface and it is working! The previous behavior was probably depending on that other issue.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Thanks for the update. Happy that you can now continue Working.

Just mark this as Is Solved so tgat other members can get advantage of the content of this discussion.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.