Fluids

Fluids

solver exited with non zero error code 2 in CFX

• sar123
      Subscriber

I am a beginner at ansys CFX. I am simulating an organic turbo expander for the Rankine cycle and I have attached the files here. I was able to run my simulation for around 650 iterations and suddenly the solver terminated with the error code 2. Can someone assist me? I have been struggling with errors for quite some time and I really need to fix this.

• rfblumen
      Ansys Employee
      The file uploaded is the Workbench project file (.wbpj). This file contains no data. It's only used to track the files within the corresponding Workbench project folder.
      The error code you mention is rather generic and doesn't shed any light on the problem of why the solver stopped. It's best to look at the end of the CFX .out file. The first error message generated should reveal why the model stopped. It's also useful to see if the solver diverged suddenly, or was slowly diverging.
      One way to help pinpoint the issue is to re-run the case and have the solver stop at the iteration before it crashed, then look at the solution in CFD Post. Try plotting velocity vectors using the domain(s) as the locaters. This will identify areas of unphysically high velocities and can help identify the cause of the crash (i.e. poor local mesh quality, boundary condition, etc)
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.