October 12, 2020 at 10:41 amnablaSubscriberDear all.nI already set the values in Tools->Options->Material Thresholds... but it seems that the solver ignores these values. I only have the problem with the insulator threshold.nDo I have to set the values somewhere else in the design as well? nThanks in advance!n---nVersion: EDT 2020 R2 // Project: Maxwell 3D // Solution Type: DC Conductionn
October 13, 2020 at 12:47 pmicellb1Ansys EmployeeHi, nAnother way to set the thresholds is by clicking Maxwell 3D on the menu bar, then choose design settings-->Material thresholds.nIf you want to simulate a material with low conductivity in DC conduction solver, after changing material threshold, select that object, in properties window, check if solve inside is ticked. n
October 16, 2020 at 6:08 pmnablaSubscriberThank you!nWorked fine! n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.