Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Solver Output in Explicit Dynamics

• Costas
      Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

I performed an Explicit Dynamics analysis and when I go to the Solver Output (in Solution Information) I get only some cycles info as well as times (please see image 1 below), without any other information about the process. Could you please advise? The issue does not exist in Static Structural analysis (please see image 2 below).

Thank you.

Regards,

Costas

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee

Hi Costas, check the admodel.log in the solver file directory to see the full information of the solver outout

Cheers, Ram 

• Costas
      Subscriber

Hi Ram.

Many thanks for your reply. I tried to open the file which opens a folder containing relevant files. I opened the: admodel.prt (which contains information about materials, boundary conditions, energy etc.) and admodel (which gives the cycles timing). I also tried to open admodel.sum but it cannot be opened in a readable encoding. So, I cannot find details regarding element type (I found the number of elements but not their type). Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Costas

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee

you can find the element tye in the mesh metic option with in the explcit system mesh settings. 

• Costas
      Subscriber

Many thanks Ram.

I found that the element is Quad4 which obviously means quadrilateral with 4 nodes.

However, is there a way to find the element name (for example PLANE182 etc.) used in the analysis, so I can see its detailed features?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.