April 3, 2020 at 3:36 pmJarodh22Subscriber
I am having an issue with a very simple set up of taking a plate with holes, applying fixed supports to the x faces, and applying forces on the y faces. The simulation works if I run it with a linear mesh, but it fails if I run it with a quadratic mesh because of pivot errors and 1 element in at least 2 directions error. There is no contact since it is just a single part. I am not sure how to fix this and would appreciate any help.
April 3, 2020 at 4:56 pm
April 4, 2020 at 2:24 pmJarodh22Subscriber
Perfect thank you! If you have time could you explain what "Capture Proximity" and "Num Cells Across Gap" mean? I have seen your posts before, and they have been very helpful! Thank you for replying to mine so quickly and accurately.
April 5, 2020 at 7:30 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The mesher looks at two faces that are not adjacent but are proximate (near) to each other, and makes sure to put at least 2 elements in the gap between those two faces.
If your question was answered, please mark the post with Is Solution when you are logged in.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.