November 30, 2022 at 2:20 amDominik KolářSubscriber
I´m trying to do a simplified model of a ferris wheel. I created a beam model in DesignModeler from line bodies and then formed a new part of them. Once I try to solve it in Mechanical Solver pivot warnings appear also with error been detected in the .. (UY...) degree of freedom of node ... (941...). Can someone help me with the solution? Thank you very much.
"Solver pivot warnings or errors have been encountered during the solution. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues. Check results carefully."
"A solver pivot warning or error has been detected in the UY degree of freedom of node 941 located in Body1. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues. Check results carefully. You may select the offending object and/or geometry via RMB on this warning in the Messages window."
Link for geometry file:
November 30, 2022 at 8:33 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Make a modal analysis to see if the beams are all connected (if they are not then use multi-body part in design modeler). If all is ok (so beams are all connected as seen from modal analysis), then you need to apply appopriate constraints to prevent rigid body motion/rotation in the static analysis.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.