Ansys Products

Ansys Products

solver problems

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

This errors happened when i try to solve in ansys Fluent and when i tried to open results in the workbench it gives me this message "no applicable licences available right now " >>> what should i do to solve that  

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Hello Mohamed,

It could be due to the path root name. e.g. if the folder name where your are working has a 'strange' character, like ?,!,",ñ,etc. try to rename your folders. It could also happen if there is not space on the drive where you're saving.

Another cause might be a faulty gzip.exe, incompatible with your Windows version or just a broken install. Go into the fluent folder and find the gzip.exe and do a simple test to see if it would work in cmd. Try to gzip a text file and see if it crashes!! If so, this tells you that the gzip.exe file itself was corrupt or not compatible with windows.

You can try updating the version from gzip.org.

Thank you,
      Matt

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

Thanks for replying 

How can choose the right one from this site  and should i have to delete the old one when i insert the new one 

finally is this the reason of problems with saving the  project  from Fluent ?

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Is gzip.exe causing the issue? Did you test as noted?

You can try the most recent version from the site. Rename the old one to gzip.exe.old and replace with the new.

Thanks,
      Matt

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

yeah i did but the problem still there 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.