May 16, 2023 at 6:59 pmVINAYA KAVATAMANESubscriber
Hi, novice here. I am trying to use 'Edge Coupler' app from Lumerical for simulating coupling of light between a single mode fiber and a waveguide. The Lumerical info on this example is here: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042305354
My Lumerical package only has licenses for FDTD, STACK, and RCWA solvers. With these solvers it is not possible to access the 'Edge Coupler' and I am wondering what other solvers/licenses I need to instal to be able to use the 'Edge Coupler'. Can you please help?
May 17, 2023 at 1:19 amPriscila RomagnoliAnsys Employee
You don’t have the required solvers for this example. You will need to acquire two solvers, Mode and Interconnect. Mode is used for waveguide and coupler design, while Interconnect simulates photonic integrated circuits.
Regarding Mode: https://www.ansys.com/products/photonics/mode
Regarding Interconnect: https://www.ansys.com/products/photonics/interconnect
May 17, 2023 at 6:06 pmVINAYA KAVATAMANESubscriber
Thank you very much for that useful information! Much appreaciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.