February 17, 2022 at 6:42 pmeveseSubscriber
I am having issue in modelling a swiss lever escapement through rigid dynamics. I am a novice to the software so I am not quite sure where it is going wrong.
Please find an link to the files here: https://livecoventryac-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/evese_cucollege_coventry_ac_uk/Documents/Escapement/escapement%202.zip?csf=1&web=1&e=3eOsUu
I have been using this post as reference: Help with choosing the simualtion type: rigid body motion — Ansys Learning Forum
Unfortunately I am still at a loss even with an almost identical set-up to the reference. I am particularly looking at the pivots motion within the bearing as such I have not constrained the pivot as a joints.
If anyone could offer some assistance, I would be very grateful.
Ed 😊February 18, 2022 at 6:22 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You can google for Ansys rigid dynamics videos and will find many examples on YouTube. Also, please refer to the following help link:
Rigid Dynamics Analysis (ansys.com)
Regards Ashish Khemka
February 18, 2022 at 10:19 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberFebruary 19, 2022 at 3:55 pmFebruary 19, 2022 at 4:39 pmeveseSubscriber@peteroznewman
Hi Peter Thank you very much for your response, hopefully this attached now file works okay?
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags