Electronics

Electronics

Some details on cosimulation between Maxwell and Simplorer for Wireless Power Transfer

Tagged: ,

• liangbo
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I'm using 2021 R1 and I'm trying to use co-simulation between Maxwell and Simplorer. The solution type is 2D EdyyCurrent solver. 

I want to get the loss when the coil is working, it is related to the external circuit of the coils, so I don’t want to set current or voltage excitation for coils, I want to choose the external excitation for coils, so I built the circuit in the Simplorer. In Simplorer, the parameters of the compensation circuit such as capacitors and inductors are calculated from the inductance of the coils simulated by Maxwell.

The problem I haven't solved right now is: Before I run cosimulation, I could not get the inductance of coils, so I cannot set the parameters of the compensation circuit in Simplorer, and the simulation can't go on.

If the above ideas cannot be realized, I can only use current or voltage excitation to run simulation to get the inductance of coils at first, then calculate the parameters of the compensation circuit in Simplorer and run another simulation. In this case, I need to simulate twice, but I want to do a lot of simulations, it’s too time-consuming

• liangbo
      Subscriber

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Please note that the response for this question is being provided here in the original post - Some details on cosimulation between Maxwell and Simplorer for Wireless Power Transfer ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum.
      Kindly post your additional questions there and refrain from creating duplicate posts in future.
      I am closing this post as it can cause confusion to the users across the forum.
      All the very best.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.