November 15, 2022 at 11:28 pmJoseph LovelessSubscriber
Have any of you had an issue importing geometry from NX into a static structural analysis? What I'm seeing is some solids dropping off in the assembly when imported. No errors are shown, just missing parts. It varies on assembly as well, which solids get dropped.
November 16, 2022 at 8:55 amAniketAnsys Employee
I am assuming you are not using the student version of the software as it includes following gepmetry type imports:
- Neutral format import IGES, STEP
- Parasolid (native within Ansys DesignModeler)
Assuming you have a commercial license, If you are using reader mode, please check:
in case you are using plugin mode, please check:
Also, check mixed import settings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- section plane
- material properties
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Geometry scaling
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.