November 16, 2023 at 1:47 pmReza TaghaviSubscriber
I want to Simulate a tow phase domain (gas-liquid) so that there are several different gas species in the gas phase. But inthe contoures of the results, it can be seen that the area of the second phase is not the same as the area of gaseous species and is very very different.
What should be done to solve this problem? 🤔
Should I write a udf and explain the problem to consider species only in the gas phase?
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. 🙏
November 17, 2023 at 9:46 amRobForum Moderator
There may be a tiny amount of gas phase (1e-4 volume fraction) in the liquid. As species are reported on the phase, that may still give a species volume fraction of up to 1. For the display surfaces have a look at iso-clip to constrain the surface to the gas phase.
November 17, 2023 at 12:37 pmReza TaghaviSubscriber
Hi Rob 👋
Thanks for your guidance.
I checked these things before. In the gas phase, the volume fraction of the base species is estimated as 1, and on the other hand, the mass of the base species is not the same as the mass of the second phase!!!!
The iso-clip method is fine for extracting results, but I want to define reactions for gas phase species. and to simulate the mutual effect of the reaction in the gas phase on the liquid phase. Therefore, it is very important to accurately simulate the concentration of species and their adaptation to the gas phase.
Do you have any ideas or other solutions for this problem?
November 17, 2023 at 1:59 pmRobForum Moderator
Yes, however if the phase fraction is near enough zero then there is no gas species to react. You are reporting the fraction on a (virtually) zero amount of phase.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.