December 7, 2022 at 1:33 pmLuca SchnellSubscriber
Do the source nodes have to be on the target nodes? I am getting an error message regarding interpolated values. Don't know what that means.
Is there a way i can make sure that they overlap?
December 7, 2022 at 5:15 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Can you please explain more what you refer to and also attach any images if you can to add to the description and to make it easier for forum members to understand.
All the best
December 12, 2022 at 9:05 amLuca SchnellSubscriber
unfortunately i can't add pictures but i'll try to explain it better. I add residual stresses to my component (source nodes) but a few of those points don't overlap/are not in the same position with a target node from the mesh. Is that a problem? If yes, how can i ensure they overlap?
Thank you for your help
December 12, 2022 at 9:09 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
You can just copy and paste an image using say a snipping tool like I do below. We will assume you talk about WB/Mech. here and external data to transfer stresses to a FE model - I assume that the software will map the stresses if the source and the mesh you want to map onto are not identical.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.