Fluids

Fluids

source term

• anamena
      Subscriber

Hello, currently we have a tank and we would like to create a profile for 5 seconds of flow during dynamic addition (flow with velocity). Up until now, we have simulated stationary addition through species diffusion. We were wondering if we could use the artificial zone that we are currently using in stationary to create a source term. 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please elaborate a little more about your model? I do not quite follow 'stationary and dynamic addition'. Perhaps you might want to include a few sketches on what your are attempting to model (along with a brief description). Please do mention how you are modeling this and whether you are using Fluent or CFX.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• anamena
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am working in a bioreactor simulation using Fluent, I patched a zone under the top of the tank and set up a diffusion value of 1 e-9. I would like to know if this patch can be use for simulate a constant flow for 5 seconds instead of set-up a diffusion value.

Thank you 

Ana M. 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Ana,

Are you looking to set-up a flow inlet condition at the top of your tank? Constant flow velocity (but only for 5 sec)?

In the first scenario (stationary case), did you set-up your problem without the flow? Is my understanding correct?

I am not sure if I understood your problem. Perhaps you might want to take a look at 'Velocity Inlet' condition (with species) if you are dealing with an external boundary. However, you might have to write a UDF if you want to have a flow only for 5 secs. Please have a look at DEFINE_PROFILE examples from the Fluent Customization Manual.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• anamena
      Subscriber

Thank you, I resolved it

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.