TAGGED: design, python, spaceclaim
March 27, 2023 at 8:31 pmsatriSubscriber
I have 2 questions
1) Is it possible to create trapezoidal cylinders in space claim at an arbitrary location and oblique height.
What I mean by that is, the center of my first circle (base circle) is in XY plane and the second circle is in YZ plane the height of the cylinder is the distance between the centers of the two circles in XY and YZ plane.
2) Is there a python script command to create a cylinder in space claim?
March 30, 2023 at 1:40 pmNaresh PatreAnsys Employee
1) You can try using the Blend tool to create a solid from the 2 circles that you mentioned. Check out the below video on Blend tool:
How To Use the Blend Tool - Lesson 4 - ANSYS Innovation Courses
2) You can use the Record feature from scripting editor to record the script command of "Cylinder" tool.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.