3D Design

3D Design

SpaceClaim geometric parameter dependencies

• amp2796
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnI am trying to simulate the change of temperature is a simple component.nThe geometry has a copper block 15X15X1.5mm with a silver interconnect on top 1.1X1.1X0.01mm.nA layer of silicon 1X1X0.120mm lies on top of the interconnect.nI want to parameterize the interconnect thickness between 0.010 and 0.030 and evaluate the temperatures based on the interconnect temperatures.nWhen I pull the surface to produce the interconnect volume and paramaterize the pull thickness, I am not able to run the parameter study with any other value of interconnect thickness other than 0.010 mm.nNo other dimensions change in the parameter study.nI tried to create multiple planes at different heights (as parameters) from the bottom surface of the copper block and use these planes to create the interconnect and silicon volumes but when I run the paramater study with inputs paramaters as height of the planes I do not see any change in the temperature values.nCan somebody please point out what am I doing wrong?nWith regards,nAmitnn
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Amit, nCan you please insert some pictures of the geometry and pull operation you are performing so that we can assist you better. Thanks!n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.