3D Design

3D Design

Spaceclaim issue in student 18.2

• Rizwan
      Subscriber

when I am selecting the spaceclaim after a geometry input for 2D steady state thermal problem it is not showing any coordinate axes,planes,grids as shown in the video of 'edx' module course of 'a hands on introduction to engg.simulations'.What is wrong? Instead I am getting a grey screen with all the tool bars

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Try the steps in these 2 discussions (Discussion 1 & Discussion 2) and if it doesn't work please Post a picture?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I believe it may be a problem with your graphics card.  Please install the latest driver.

In SpaceClaim, you can request different Rendering Engines.  Try a different one.

ANSYS has a list of graphics cards that they use to test their software to make sure it works properly on those cards. If you want reliable operation, buy a tested graphics card.  Some of them are for laptops.

• Rizwan
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot Mr Moderator,I selected a different rendering engine Direct3D9 and it worked

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Yes, selecting different rendering helps. 

Can you please mark this as Is Solution so that others on forum can benefit. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.