February 21, 2018 at 11:39 amemirdegirmenliSubscriber
I have some complex sketch in DXF format. I need to convert them to solid just like in the photo by using SpaceClaim. But when import file in SpaceClaim, I can see all closed lines but I can't use them. I can't pull closed area or After I pull hole geometry I can't split its face by using these curves. I've been Trying to do it for three days . (I added SpaceClaim 18.0 file), Best
February 22, 2018 at 8:47 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Hi Amir, Not sure but looks like SpaceClaim is reading your splines but unable to perform any operations using them. Here is what you can do:
1. Use fill command to create surfaces using splines.
2. Spaceclaim is not pulling out surfaces into solids but DM could pull it through extrude. So save your file into IGES format and load it in DM.
3. Perform all necessary operations in DM.
Project file and IGES format are attached. Good luck!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- section plane
- material properties
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Geometry scaling
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.