Fluids

Fluids

Spatial derivatives of u’ RANS

• paola_1
      Subscriber
      Hi, in Flunt with RANS is there a way to get the spatial derivatives of u' (or v', w')?nI have to get the value of the viscous dissipation in the turbolent kinetic energy (-2 mi s'ij s'ij time averaged).n
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nYou can check for the Turbulent Dissipation rate and Turbulent Viscosity Directly in Contours Section under Contours of Turbulence.nAre you performing unsteady RANS calculations?nRegards,nSuryan
    • paola_1
      Subscriber
      Yes, unsteady RANS calculations.nThank you. nI have to evaluate all the terms in the turbulent kinetic energy equation, and I have two terms that I don't know how to get: turbulent transport d/dxj (ui'ui'uj')/2 and viscous transport 2 mi d/dxj (ui'Sij'). All the terms are time averaged.nDo you have any suggestions?nPaolan
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Do any of these help? 3.2.3.7. Gradient (G) and Reconstruction Gradient (RG) Vector Macros from the UDF manual. n
    • paola_1
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob, thank you. With UDF I think I can only get the gradient of velocity, but not the gradient of the fluctuating velocity.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      If you are doing RANS these terns are modeled one via gradient approach the other one is already available.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.