February 27, 2023 at 1:10 amChee Min LeongSubscriber
I am trying to vary the young's modulus of a hollow cylinder. In my case, the Young's modulus decreases radially.
I followed the instructions here https://www.padtinc.com/2022/02/03/hold-my-beer-spatially-varying-materials-in-ansys-mechanical-made-easy/
for a cube and applied it to a hollow cylinder.
Since the model I am working with is symmetrical, I have set up quarter symmetry and my final result is shown below.
Figure 1 - Source Points & Score
Figure 2 - Material Plot
Figure 3 - Young's modulus vs Score
Figure 2 shows the young's modulus changing radially but the minimum value is not 1E+9 as shown in figure 3.
So, my questions are,
- Why is the minimum value not what I wrote and how can I fix it?
- How many source points do I need to map the material properties accurately?
Please let me know if you need more information.
March 8, 2023 at 10:49 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Is the 'r' value 100 where you expect 'E'=1E9 Pa? Also, if you have the nodes numbers, their location then try using the E values with node number and location for mapping the material property.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.