December 13, 2022 at 3:14 pmstefan.appelSubscriber
I am trying to implement an FDTD simulation in a coordinate system mapped conformally from rectangular coordinates. As conformal mapping does not change the differential operators, the usual FDTD kernel should work.
However, one also has to map the tensors for relative electric permeability (eps) and relative magnetic susceptibility (mu). In my case, this leads to uniaxial anisotropic tensors varying in the conformally mapped space, like eps_xx = 1, eps_yy = 1, eps_zz = exp(-2*x) and mu_xx = 1, mu_yy = 1, mu_zz = exp(-2*x).
I know that I can implement the varying uniaxial anisotropy for the relative electric permeability (eps) by just entering the according formulas (in square root) for the refractive index property of an object. I do however wonder how to implement the same for the relative magnetic susceptibility (mu). Is there any possibility to do this in Ansys Lumerical FDTD?
Thanks for any help!
December 13, 2022 at 9:11 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Unfortunately, spatially-varying magnetic permeability is not available. Current supported material models can be found:
The paramagnetic material can handle diagonal permeability but not spacially-carying. It can be very challenge to implement it with pixel-wise method.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.