May 17, 2023 at 2:23 pmjonnySubscriber
I am trying to analyse mixing dynamics and diffution in the coalescence of two liquid droplets in air control volume, i have verifyed the external dynamics using volume of fluids method, can i apply the species transport model to this to simulate the diffusion within the droplets, or whold a different model be better?
May 17, 2023 at 3:06 pmRobAnsys Employee
You can, the two droplets need to be in the same phase, and then that phase comprises a species mixture.
May 18, 2023 at 9:07 amjonnySubscriber
Thanks for reply, what if i wanted to use different phases for droplets, would i have to use a different muliphase model?
May 18, 2023 at 12:47 pmRobAnsys Employee
You would. The droplets would then not mix, so the diffusion between droplets would be due to numerical effects (VOF) or based on the phase data (multifluid VOF). Be very careful with definitions when looking at multiphase & multispecies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.