Fluids

Fluids

Specify cell zone conditions for simulation of PCM

• nagasudhan
      Subscriber

There are many spherical PCMs (fuel cells) inside a water container I have created a fluid domain in order to simulate the flow of water in between the spaces around spherical pcm solids. I am using solidification/melting model.

Can anyone help me define cell zone conditions and I also need to define PCM  for solid balls. After separating fluid domain(boolean-subtract), I have only fluid domain left.So, How should I specify material for PCM balls.

PCM- Phase change Material

Thanks in Advance.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please post the questions in appropriate category. Moving this question to other category to get better response. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• nagasudhan
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply

I have changed my category.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

This looks to follow from this  https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/how-to-select-and-specify-material-for-voids-after-boolean-subtract-operation/  where Peter told you that you need to subtract and retain the PCM balls from the flow region. 

If you label these then you can separate the two zones with walls (if the PCM is retained in a shell) or to patch phases if they aren't. 

• nagasudhan
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I did that, separated both PCM balls and fluid region and ran calculation in solidification/melting model.

I ended up with following errors, How should I correct those. Pls click the below link.

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/error-fluent-solver-floating-point-exception-divergence-detected/

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK. I'll lock this thread and we can move to that one. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.