Ansys Products

Ansys Products

speedup simulation in static structure

• shafee
      Subscriber

using ansys 19.2 with i5 processor, 8gb ram and 2gb NVIDIA MX130 graphics card. I am using it for static structural analysis, still it takes a lot of time for analysis. Is there anyway to improve the performance speed?. Pls help..

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please define "long time". You should have access to 4 parallel, but also check RAM usage: I don't know how many cells/what models will fit into 8GB. 

• shafee
      Subscriber

The model contains around 30k elements and this is the message they are showing. When trying to enable the GPU, it is showing an error message.

error message

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Your Nvidia card is not supported/tested for GPU acceleration with ANSYS solvers. See the list of supported cards here

https://www.ansys.com/-/media/ansys/corporate/files/pdf/solutions/it-professionals/platform-support/gpu-accelerator-co-processor-capabilities-192.pdf?la=en-in&hash=84BA6FA430A4981C0D96850A21660CAF890C1CC6

So, do not use GPU.

As stated in the warning, you can check whether you have enough RAM on the machine compared to what's required by your analyses. This is shown in the 'Solution Information' but you will have to ask how to check that in Physics Simulation -> Structural Mechanics section. Another factor is the disk I/O speed.

Thanks,

Win

• shafee
      Subscriber

thank you sir..!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You are welcome !

Win

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.