September 6, 2018 at 6:50 amAdisaSubscriber
I am doing sphere test like this:
I apply the initial velocity 3,7 m/s on the ball, but in the results the velocity of the ball grow up to 3,7337 m/s but the velocity of the part is 4
Can anyone explain.
Transient structural2 Ansys 18.2
September 6, 2018 at 1:20 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
1. You didn't change the Step End time from the default of 1 second to something relevant to your problem, like 1e-2
2. You have an Initial Time Step of 3.7e-3, but the object travelling at 3700 mm/s will have moved 13.69 mm in that time. Try an Initial Time step at least 10 times smaller, I have set 1e-4 and I set the Maximum Time Step to 1e-3.
I ran with the settings above and here is the contact pressure result. You can see that at 1e-2 seconds, the ball has bounced off the bar.
Here is the directional velocity of the ball. It starts at the initial velocity, and rebounds with a smaller velocity.
You have two planes of symmetry that would allow you to solve a 1/4 model, saving you some time.
September 7, 2018 at 12:28 pmAdisaSubscriber
Peter thanks.Now it is OK.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.