July 28, 2023 at 4:05 pmNathan LinSubscriber
I saw a structure like this and would like to simulate this structure on FDTD, what is the best suggested approach for the simulation setup, how to draw this on Lumerical, and the recommended solver?
July 28, 2023 at 5:09 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
The simplest approach would be to use the polygon object. If you have the equation of the spiral then you can set the vertices of the polygon using the equation. It is important to note that linear interpolation is used between the neighbouring vertices of the polygon. But if you have sufficiently large number of points/vertices then the structure should be smooth enough.
August 2, 2023 at 4:28 pm
August 3, 2023 at 11:13 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
You can use FDTD to calculate different results such as the transmission, losses etc and how they change with different physical parameters of the structure. If the structure is mostly planar, and there is minimal vertical coupling of modes then you can use varFDTD, which reduces a 3D simulation to effectively a 2D one, thereby also reducing the memory/time requirements. If you want to perform circuit level simulation, then you can use INTERCONNECT.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.