3D Design

3D Design

Split boundary geometry in Fluent

• dk89
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I have generated the mesh for a rotor domain (compressor blade) with Turbogrid. I want to split the blade geometry to suction and pressure side in Fluent. I tried to separate the blade geometry by angle in Fluent, but it didn't work. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you for your time.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

I think you are doing this the correct way. What do you get when you separate the geometry by angle?

Can you not split the edge in your geometry, mesh, and bring this new mesh into Fluent?

Thanks,

Karthik

• dk89
      Subscriber

Hi,

When I split the blade geometry by angles higher than 90 deg, the blade is split in two zones. The new surface looks like the blade tip. When I split the blade by smaller angles, many new zones are created, but I cannot distinguish which of them belong to either suction or pressure side of the blade. The distinction of the new zones is very unclear. Thank you.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You are on right track. 

Use smaller angle. Then display the separated boundary zones. Then merge the boundary zones as per necessity. 

If you want more control on separation then you may need to read case file in Fluent Meshing. Here you can have more control. But all manual. This may need more experience with Fluent Meshing. I can point out to the command. 

The commands are - 

Boundary --> Modify --> Rezone. 

Please check help manual for more details about this command. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.