June 1, 2023 at 11:00 amaygün ateşoğluSubscriber
i am trying to find the reflection changes based on SPR. Structure is 50nm Silver and 50 nm glass. using plane wave and FDTD. using sweep send chnaging the angle of incoming light from 40nm to 50 nm and then taking reflection graph from weep the reults show like this. couldnt get the right graph. is there any advice?
June 1, 2023 at 7:12 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I would suggest you to try the following:
- Decrease the autoshutoff min and increase the simulation time to make sure that the fields have decayed sufficiently enough (Simulation status should be 2 at the end of the simulation).
- Increase the number of PML layers. You may rerun the simulation with "steep angle" PML profile.
- Add a index monitor to the simulation and make sure that all the layers are properly resolved.
June 1, 2023 at 7:45 pmGuanhui WangAnsys Employee
Hi aygün ateşoğlu,
Thank you for the post! Do you have in mind what effect you would like to see from this? This figure looks to be just not have enough points to show the periodic reflection. Could you try to increase the plotting points/sweep points and see whether that could fix the problem?
June 4, 2023 at 6:14 pmaygün ateşoğluSubscriber
Thank you for sugestions. i used same material for different silver: Ag (0-2 um) so that works fine. The default material type is 1-10 um. Such details seems important too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.