July 20, 2020 at 1:34 amrl640Subscriber
I am using the Fluent's DPM model to model a droplet injection. The injection type is the Cone type. Particles are injected at the particle time step which is 0.0002 s while the fluid time step is 0.005 s. I would like the particles are injected at the random position within the Cone's orifice. So I ticked on the "Stagger Positions". But the result shows that the particles are injected at the same position in a fluid time step and the position is changed until the next fluid time step. How can I make it change at each particle time step?
Thanks in advance.
July 20, 2020 at 7:21 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Please look for more information here in Staggering of Particles in Space and Time in Fluent User's Guide
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.