Fluids

Fluids

Stall fluctuation

• Arunkumarmoovandan37
      Subscriber
      Hi all I've simulated naca0012 wing with a span of 0.3m and chord length of 0.1m, velocity of 15m/s.nFrom 4 deg angle of attack till the stall angle.nWhen I look into the cl vs alpha curve, the stall angle fluctuates as the angle of attack is increased.nWhy does the stall fluctuates.??n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      As the angle of attack increases the stall will then occur. What's a stall angle? n
    • Arunkumarmoovandan37
      Subscriber
      At 20deg wing stalls, but then at 22deg lift coefficient decreases again for 24deg lift coefficient increases why does the cl value fluctuates.??n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Is the solution fully converged? Have you checked (and altered) the reference values to reflect area etc? Re the latter, look in the various NACA tutorials for guidance. n
    • Arunkumarmoovandan37
      Subscriber
      In my case at low angle of attack the solution is converged till 18 degree aoa, after 200 iterations, but after 20 deg angle of attack, the solution doesn't converge but the residuals shows as a straight line.nnI have few thoughts like, the problem moves from steady flow to transient flow due to high angle of attack, is this assumption is right.?nAnd also I've used the wing reference area in the reference values.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.