Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Starting with Ansys

• jonathan.farrugia.16
      Subscriber

🛈
      This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions

Hello, I just downloaded Ansys Discovery Live student version for a project I'm working on. I am trying to simulate the following real life situation :

I have a small aluminium pressure vessel filled with water up till half of its height. Then the vessel is closed and pressurized. Air flow is stopped and the vessel is sealed say at 8 bar.

I managed to construct the vessel. However I cannot find how to input a static body of water into it. I can only let water flow inside from a hole. Secondly, I would like to let air flow in up till a certain pressure and then stop the flow and seal the vessel (with some sort of valve I imagine)

Any ideas how to implement this ?

Any sort of help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jonathan Farrugia

Discovery Live cannot simulate this type of problem involving multiple fluids, multi-stepping and compressible fluids. Please check out the capabilities chart of Discovery Live.

Secondly, since you are using Ansys Discovery Live student version, I would recommend posting your questions on Ansys Learning Forum which is a dedicated forum for Students.

• jonathan.farrugia.16
      Subscriber

Many thanks for your reply !

Have a good day :)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.