August 4, 2018 at 4:52 pmJAYSubscriberHi guys I am trying to do static analysis of refrigerator in which I have used all frictional contacts. And for door of fridge I have used a revolute joint. I kept large deflection ON but still I am getting a 'Solver Pivot error' . Can anybody please help to solve this?
It would be really a great help.
August 4, 2018 at 5:57 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Jay, the solver pivot error tells me that your model might be under-constrained. Please try the suggestions listed in this post to see if it helps?
If it didn't help, can you please post some snapshots of your model, boundary conditions, and contact details etc.so that we can get a better idea of what's happening.
P.S: If this is a structural mechanics question, please post in the correct category in the future to get faster help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.