3D Design

3D Design

Static Structural Simulation of Polymer

Tagged: 

• bamidoao1
      Subscriber

Dear ANSYS Forum

I am trying to simulate the deformation of a Control layer made of polymer acting under the influence of two pressures (one is atmospheric pressure and the other is a higher pressure due to air in a chamber). It is a symmetric design so I just took a quarter section of the design and applied symmetry boundary condition. I switched on "Large deformation" since I am working on polymer. The simulation looks very straightforward but for some reason I am not able to get good results so I have decided to seek your help. I have attached the WorkBench file (ANSYS 2019R1).

This is the geometry with the boundary conditions:

• Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Arrayas Ansys employee, I'm not allowed to download your model, but the result in the second image is not converged (see the legend says unconverged) so it doesn't represent the actual deformation. Convergence problem can be caused by many factors which is not easy to troubleshoot without looking into the model. You can search for convergence in this forum to find info how to resolve it. Generally, you may ramp up the load more slowly, e.g., use more time steps. n
    • bamidoao1
      Subscriber
      Thank you. I ramped the load slowly and it worked. Thank you
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.