July 1, 2020 at 11:57 amnaoya708Subscriber
I'm doing 2D, laminar, image-like analysis.
The boundary condition is that the upper wall is a moving wall at 1 m/s and the lower wall is a stationary wall. There are pressrue inlets on the left and right, and the gauge pressure is 0 Pa. Operation pressure is the default.
Initialization does not repeat in this state. But the calculation can be performed
Looking at the velocity vector in this state, the stationary wall, which should have a velocity of 0, has velocity. Is this correct?
By the way, the moving wall was able to confirm a constant velocity vector.
Please tell me.
July 1, 2020 at 2:29 pmRobAnsys Employee
Probably, it would depend on how narrow the gap is between the walls and whether the mesh is any good.
July 1, 2020 at 11:42 pmnaoya708Subscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.