July 27, 2020 at 3:14 amSKB40SubscriberPlease someone help. I am not able to apply Convection to an edge in Ansys 2020. I am following the Edx lectures on " Hands on intro to Simulation" When I select the edge, the convection option disappears and when I select convection, the edge selection option disappears.
August 4, 2020 at 6:38 pmSaiDAnsys EmployeeHi,nHeat transfer rate due to Convection is given by Q = h*A*(Ts - Tb), where Q=rate of heat transfer, h=film coefficient, A=Area of body in contact with fluid, Ts=Surface temperature (of the surface in contact with the fluid) and Tb=bulk fluid temperature.nNote the A in the equation, which implies that you need a surface area to be defined. Since an edge has zero area, convection boundary condition cannot be applied to it. In the Edx lectures, are you sure it wasn't a 2D problem with a fixed thickness defined in the third direction?.Hope this helps,nSain
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.