Fluids

Fluids

Steady State Velocity Profile for Initial Condition

• holdy97
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am having an issue that I can't figure out. I am solving axisymmetric diffusion through a sphere submerged in flow. First, I ran the simulation for the steady state velocity profile outside the sphere. I want to use this as the inital condition for the transient diffusion problem. When I load the case and data files, the SS fluid profile is correct - I then turn OFF the viscous flow model and TURN ON my user defined transport equations. The problem is that when I try to initialize for the UDS simulation, it wants to initialize the axial and radial fluid velocity as well which then overwrites the SS profile that I want to use.

I can't figure out how to get around this. Any help would be great. Thanks

• holdy97
      Subscriber
      Figured it out. Do not initialize after solving the viscous flow to prepare for transient diffusion, instead just use "patch" to initialize the appropriate diffusive boundaries
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, if you run a model to get a flow field for a further calculation you do not re-initialise it. I do suggest patching any variables for models you switch on to ensure they all have a value before running on: good to see you've done that.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.