3D Design

3D Design

STEP converted from STL

• Pranavpatel041
      Subscriber

Hi All,

I am working on a Gyroid model. As I have to do analysis on Gyroid model I generate the Creo models of Gyroid and converted them into an STL. Next, I open STL into spaceclaim and convert it into solid and export them into STEP. now when I import them into ANSYS ( SEE attached screenshot) it shows as a facets. Now, I am struggling with apply boundary conditions. As I unable to select single surface.

Kindly guide me with this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pranav 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Pranav,

From Creo, export a STEP file and import that into ANSYS SpaceClaim.  Don't use STL.

Regards,
      Peter

P.S. Insert images directly into your Post because ANSYS staff are not permitted to open attachments.

• Pranavpatel041
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

Thanks for quick response.

However, I already tried your mentioned step i.e. convert .prt file into STEP, but It didnt work. As the size of STEP file is only 3KB, and when I tried to open in spaceclaim the message pop-up as invalid geometry.

Thanks,

Pranav

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

So that is a failure of Creo to export the STEP file.

As I look at the image, there seems to be a periodic pattern of 5 units along each Cartesian direction. What happens if you take a single unit, so the geometry is 1/125 the size. Can Creo export just one unit?

Another idea is to create this geometry in SpaceClaim instead of Creo.

• Pranavpatel041
      Subscriber

Hi peter,

Apologize for very late response.

Thanks for your help I created geometry into space-claim and than generate STEP through it and it worked in ANSYS.

Regards,

Pranav

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.