November 26, 2018 at 12:17 amhassamSubscriber
I have simulated an interference fit on a pressure cylinder in 2D axisymmetric analysis and now I would like to apply step loading. In first load step I need to apply temperature to find out heat related stresses and in second load step internal pressure(one with 0 pressure and one including pressure). What would be the best approach to carry out this analysis. I have constrained the model by giving y displacement 0 and keep displacement in x direction as free as seen in the attached picture. I would like to have your valuable feedback on it.
November 26, 2018 at 2:27 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Use a Steady-State Thermal model to solve for the temperature, and link the solution for that into the setup for Static Structural. See this post.
November 29, 2018 at 9:27 pm
November 30, 2018 at 1:10 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display