General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Step loading

• hassam
      Subscriber

Hi

I have simulated an interference fit on a pressure cylinder in 2D axisymmetric analysis and now I would like to apply step loading. In first load step I need to apply temperature to find out heat related stresses and in second load step internal pressure(one with 0 pressure and one including pressure). What would be the best approach to carry out this analysis. I have constrained the model by giving y displacement 0 and keep displacement in x direction as free as seen in the attached picture. I would like to have your valuable feedback on it.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Use a Steady-State Thermal model to solve for the temperature, and link the solution for that into the setup for Static Structural.  See this post.

• hassam
      Subscriber

I have solved a separate steady state thermal model. I tried to link the solution into the setup for static structural but its not working. I would like your feedback how to do it properly? I have attached the picture including the geometry to geometry link.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hassam,

You have it backward. First is the thermal, second is the Static Structural.

Regards,
      Peter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.