Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Stimulate Four Point bending Test ( hysteresis loop)

• mdhiz97
      Subscriber
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Could you please insert inline images while posting since ANSYS staff are not allowed to download attachments. You could have a look at
      " target="blank">
      and try something similar. If you don't want to model the actual bar by defining contacts, you could simply use a remote force and remote displacements instead. You will have to split the main bar into 4 sections in space-claim to apply remote force in the middle and displacements at the ends. You may also want to make use of symmetry and model just half of the bar. Additionally use a kinematic hardening model to simulate cyclic loading. This is another useful discussion - https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2667/three-point-bending.
      Regards Ishan.
  • mdhiz97
    Subscriber
    Thank you very much for the prompt response. As requested, I have attached inline images for your review.
    I have tried another method where I apply the load using nodal displacement. I highlighted the nodes around the applied loading in order to stimulate the experimental setup as shown in the figure below.
    So far it runs well however, I still could able to get the result for Equivalent Plastic Strain as can be seen in the figure below. I could not get the plastic strains, there aren't any plots too. I have included Chaboche kinematic hardening and Multilinear isotropic hardening. Still, I could not get the results.

Looking forward to your guidance and advice. Thank you.

• mdhiz97
    Subscriber

• 1shan
    Ansys Employee
    What is the yield stress value defined in engineering data? Could you check the equivalent stress result and see if stress in any region exceeds this value? Also, instead of fixing the ends scope a remote displacement to the circular edges (surface splits), free translation rotation in Z and fix rest. The mesh quality can also be improved to an all quad mesh. And I hope you have set Large deflection under analysis settings to "on".
    Regards Ishan.
  • mdhiz97
    Subscriber
    Dear , thank you. I was able to stimulate the four-point bending test. I did have a mesh problem as stated in my other post:- Transparent face after meshing multizone ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum.
  • Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.