December 13, 2022 at 11:51 amHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
How do i convert Blender stl file to Step or IGES file for FEA in ansys Workbench?
December 13, 2022 at 12:35 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
You can import it into Spaceclaim and use the tools there to convert it to a solid - there are many videos:
December 13, 2022 at 12:46 pmHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
Thank you sir... But i have stl of human skull , how i can proceed for this?
December 13, 2022 at 12:50 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
The stl import does not differentiate if it is a skull or an engine, or a cup - it is a stl and it will try to import it.
As mentioned see the many videos on how to process stl files in spaceclaim (just search for stl and spaceclaim and solid and convert)
December 13, 2022 at 1:20 pmHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
Got it sir,... I have work with autoskin . Thank you
December 14, 2022 at 11:56 amHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
i am importing stl file and trying autoskin and shrinkwrap on it, while doing that sometimes that feature fails and if i increase the size in shrinkwrap it reduces my accuracy. what are the other ways avaliable to convert my stl files to cad body.
December 16, 2022 at 7:14 amHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
As i have try with Shrinkwrap then its showing 1 face only and getting error in generating mesh. can anyone guide..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.