September 27, 2017 at 11:19 amnselvaraAnsys Employee
How to stop the solver based on the static pressure difference between two monitors setup upstream and downstream?
October 17, 2017 at 8:33 amcbhavsarAnsys Employee
The easiest approach to monitoring pressure difference is to set the outlet relative pressure to zero. Monitoring a pressure in the model is then monitoring the pressure difference with the outlet. To stop the solver based on monitor, you can use Monitors --> Convergence Monitors --> Convergence Manager. The convergence manager facility allows you to set convergence conditions on the solution that are based on the values from surface, volume, lift, drag or moment monitors. Convergence check for the monitors is independent of that for the equation residuals. By default, the solution convergence will happen if either monitor convergence criteria or residuals convergence criteria is satisfied. If you want to rely only on the monitor values to decide convergence, clear the Check Convergence check boxes in the Residual Monitors dialog box. You can also see Solution # 2042636 for similar details.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.