December 14, 2019 at 3:21 amGustavo294Subscriber
Hello everyone! I am trying to modelate a tensile test of a composite material, under standar ASTM D638, using ACP (Pre) with Static Structural. For simplicity I am modelating 1/4 of the geometry. However I am getting a strange deflection in the solution spot. I do not know if the model in ACP is wrong or is something in the Static Structural is. I am going to attach a few images for a better understanding.
The laminate I am using is a balanced laminate with +/-45°. In the ACP I made a stackup of 2 laminas (one 45° and the other -45°. In the modeling ply group I used the stackup explained before but I added 3 layers (6 intercalated laminas in total).
By the way, I used the maximum scale to be able to see the I am mentionating.
Thank you in advance for any help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.