October 1, 2018 at 11:12 pmDoubleCNgSubscriber
I have encountered a strange deformation for my wind turbine blade during a simple tensile test on it. I applied 7700N tension on Z direction and it bended instead of elongated as it should be. Do you guys have any idea what is happening? Please note that it is a [+-45]4s composite with 0.229mm each layer (3.664mm in total), and the length is 25 meter. I imported the shell element from ACP(Pre), it is still the same even if I imported solid element. The solid model is created by using SOLIDWORKS.
And also, does anyone knows under what condition should the shell element or solid element be used?
Chu Chiat Ng
October 2, 2018 at 12:30 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Hello Chu Chait Ng,
If you plot at true scale, is the deformation in the Y direction still visible?
October 2, 2018 at 12:38 amDoubleCNgSubscriberHi peteroznewman Thank you for reply. I'm quite new to ANSYS workbench, may I ask how to plot the result at true scale?
October 2, 2018 at 12:53 am
October 2, 2018 at 10:53 pmDoubleCNgSubscriberHi SandeepMedikonda Thank you so much. The deformation is finally become normal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.